Moving to a new city is a headache as it is – finding a home, settling in your new job, getting familiar with new co-workers and setting up a whole new system to survive. But if you don’t have known people there to advise and guide you, it can be tougher. Most of the times you don’t have a helping hand available. In these tough times, it is advisable to make new friends and get to know people who are already living there. These people can give you some valuable tips and advice which will help you transition into your new life pretty quickly.
So in this post, we’re sharing a couple of ways how you can easily make new friends when moving to a new city. Let’s go!
9 Ways To Make Friends In A New Place
- Get familiar with new co-workers: These will be the people you’ll be seeing the most while in this city – almost everyday. It’s time you start getting to know them better already. Getting friendly with co-workers early on will help you settle not only in your company, but also in the city and you can possibly hang out with them later.
- Join to hobby groups: Do you have any hobbies like art, music, dance, photography, singing etc? Great, then the option of hobby classes and groups is open for you. Like minded people who are also friends? Sign us up!
- Go to professional events: Another option is going to professional meetups and events. These events can be found on websites like Meetup.com or LinkedIn. Not only do you get to make professional contacts and friends, these people can also help you land a better job later on. And you might just learn a new skill or two at these events!
- Go to casual events: Take a look at your local events website or Facebook events. There is no limit on the number of social and casual events happening every weekend. Friendship meetups, movie screenings, food tasting events and what not – there’s something for everyone. Give these a try, you won’t be disappointed.
- Try friendship apps: By far the easiest and most cost-effective method. There are a lot of new apps which now provide you the option to instantly find, chat and meet with people in real. No, we’re not talking about the dating apps – those are weak options. We’re talking about actual friendship apps which are focused on helping you make new friends. Our own Cuddll app is one such app working towards a solution to this problem. Learn more about Cuddll below.
- Volunteer somewhere: A way to meet passionate, considerate and helpful local people is to volunteer at a local NGO or organization. An unconventional solution, but can give you the satisfaction you may not find in your work and help you make very useful contacts.
- Know your neighbors: You didn’t think of this, did you? The solution was just next door all along! While your neighbors may be not always be the demographic group you desire, they can still be more helpful than others for you to settle in. Neighbors can provide you with all kinds of local tips and tricks that maybe no other friend can provide. Next time you see them outside your door, take the first step and say ‘Hi’!
- Tap into your extended network: Any old college friends? Any friends of friends? Any distant relatives? If you dig deep enough, you’re bound to find an almost-familiar face in your city. They’re easier to become friends with and will be more helpful in your transition than a complete stranger would be.
- Join fitness groups: Due to all the stress and tension because of moving to a new city, fitness takes a backseat. What better way to be fit AND get new friends and contacts than by joining a fitness group? Running, cycling, gym, cross-fit – there’s something for every one these days.
How Cuddll Helps You Make New Friends
Cuddll is a friendship app that helps you get new friends, quickly. It solves the problems people have while trying to make new friends when moving to a new place. It instantly connects you with a ready-made community of people looking to build friendships like you. It also lets you join events based on your interests, discuss your plans and actually meet and talk in real. You can decide to meet only with face-verified people and not even share your phone number with anyone. Oh yes – all these features are completely free! So download the app today and join the 100,000+ people who have found new friends using Cuddll!